Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

September 1, 2011

I can only be me!

One thing that I have learned in recent weeks is that I can only be me.  If I try to be someone different, it is obvious and not genuine.  I don't pretend to be an expert when it comes to being a Mom (I'm sure that is evident with the issues that I have with my kiddos) or when it comes to "fashion" (and that is in quotes as I don't know if you call what larger gals wear really fashion).  All I try to do on this blog is be honest about what is going on in my life and my interests.  I don't expect everyone to agree with what I say, that would be a very boring world if everyone did.

I love my husband and kids, a cute pair of heels and the Nebraska Cornhuskers!  I dislike people who aren't real, ugs, and the Ohio State Buckeyes.  Do you agree?  Maybe, maybe not.  (And you may try to correct me by saying "THE" Ohio State, but in my mind, they lost the "THE" with their recent scandal :)  )  I try to be a person that I (and my kids) can look up to and be proud of.  Do I make mistakes, yes.  I know I'm not perfect but I will always do my best to be the person that God wants me to be and yet I know I will never live up to that ideal.  But should I try - yes!

The only thing I want from readers of my blog is respect and honesty.  I truly believe that everyone deserves those two things in life (even if you don't always get those two things back).

Yet I want to know that you are here!  So please, feel free to comment with your opinion (even if it is opposing to mine), ask me quetions that I will try to answer from my perspective (which is solely just my opinion).  Or feel free to share ideas that worked for you to help others out there (I truly believe there is not only one way to do something!)

I really love that I have a way of talking to people all around the world (even if I don't have that yet!).  It's so nice to see when people are going through the same thing (like my daughter not walking yet - I no longer feel alone).  You can learn so much from someone who has gone through it already or is going through it with you.  So I thank all of you who allow me to be me and like it!

1 comment:

  1. I refuse to buy into the UGG craze too! I keep hoping this will be the year they go out of style because I'm so tired of seeing them.

    ReplyDelete