Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 13, 2011

Fall Wish List

A friend and I got to go out and do a lot of shopping before the school year starts (we're both college professors) and were able to see what a lot of the fall trends are.  I have never been a "trend-follower" perse as I can't afford to spend a lot of money on clothes (especially for myself). In addition, I am on the larger size for women.  The size I wear is still in the misses section, but on the higher end and if possible, I need petite size clothing as well.

Things that I noticed that were "in" while shopping were:  belted tops (and dresses), zebra print, embellished and printed tunics, and fly-away cardigans.  I have attempted to take these trends and figure out how they can work for me and my body shape.  So here is my wish list (click on image to view website):


I did try on a couple of the "belted tops", however, the belt location was not all that flattering.  This sweater (www.bluefly.com) is cashmere (hence the heftier $88 price tag) but it has the belt effect with the cinch in around the waist and has a wrap style to help out the larger gals out there!

First off, if you don't know me, I'm definitely more of a shoe person.  These Kelly & Katie brand shoes I found at DSW for $30.  (Hopefully they won't stay on the shelf too long for me!)  These shoes are shockingly comfortable (for heels) and don't have too high of a heel.  (Anyone who cares to buy these for me, I wear an 8.5 :) )



One of the biggest prolems I had with tunics is that the generally look like paper bags on me as they don't give any defining shape.  However, this tunic gives you curves (and hides) in all the right places.  I found this one at Kohls for $25.

This is the only item on my "wish list" that is now on my "have it list."  I liked the idea of a cardigan that didn't have to button (don't have to worry about the "pulling" effect).  Luckily this cardigan has some shape to it as well as defines a waist-line for you.  This one I got at Kohls for $23.

Ok, so jeans aren't a new trend, but when are they really out of style?  So these are the jeans that I absolutely love.  This is the curvy style from New York and Company.  This style (non-skinny) give more room in the hip and thigh than I'm used to.  This pair sells for $50, but keep a look out for their deals!  Currently they have buy one pair get another pair for $10!


Do you have any must-have styles for fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment