Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

September 27, 2011

A Rough Weekend

It all started on Friday night.  I picked up Quinnie from daycare and got a pretty good report - she wasn't quite as fussy as usual and she even ate her snack (she doesn't usually).  So, we were off to meet Owen and Daddy at Olive Garden (for our anniversary meal).  Last time we were there, Quinnie ate awesome.  I would soon find out that this wasn't going to be the case tonight....

Normally, she LOVES bread/breadsticks.  She opened her mouth for every bite.  She would chew it for about 10 seconds and then spit it out.  My guess is she ate about 5 bites of the breadstick.  Then once the meal came, I tried both my pasta (penne with pizziola sauce) and some of Owen's (shell macaroni cheese).  Same scenario - opened her mouth, chewed a bit, and spit it out.  Again, got a few bites.

Unfortunately, this was just the beginning.  Same thing for Saturday's breakfast attempt (waffles and applesauce) and even for lunch (I broke down and tried pizza and a cookie just to see if she'd eat - but she spit it out)  Finally for supper we got her to eat a bit of peanut butter and jelly. 

Sunday, we ate all of our breakfast - biscuit and bananas.  Thought we made a good turn.  But lunch didn't go as well - tried turkey sandwich (and even a pb&j again).  Supper (meatloaf and mac and cheese) again didn't go so well.

Throughout the weekend, she was FUSSY at times.  She'd be doing great and then break out crying.  She even woke up a couple times in the middle of the night screaming - which is not like her.  She did continue to drink her milk well and never got sick or ran a fever.  Ibuprofen seemed to help thus we believe that all of this was....teething!  Man, if this is how every tooth is going to be, we are in trouble!!    I feel slightly ashamed to admit that I looked forward to Monday.  Please tell me I'm not the only working Mom out there that has done that..., please?

1 comment:

  1. Does admiting I wish I still worked sometimes count? ;) Teething is the worst... poor babies!

    ReplyDelete