Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

September 23, 2011

Inspiration Friday


As I was reading one of my friends' blogs, I came across the above photo that she took and added this quote to:  "Remember that children, marriages, and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get."  I believe I needed this little reminder for myself.

On a week full of such big events in our lives (Owen turned 5 and my husband and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary), I reflected on how quickly that this time has gone.  My children, my marriage are a reflection of me.  I know that I don't have control over everything that may happen with my children and marriage, but I do know that if I don't put in the quality time with them, how can I expect them to keep blooming. 

I believe I put the quality time in with my children, even if we are just playing Candy Land with Owen or looking through a new book with Quinnie.  However, I believe that I need more quality time with my husband.  We constantly put the children first (which is good I think), but I don't know where we - Brandon and Jackie, not Mommy and Daddy, fit in.  So I am going to make the time to spend with just my husband again, even if that means it is after the kids go to bed.  The children will be better for it in the long run.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you like my photo :) I know I feel the same way about needing to find more time for my marriage. It is so hard to find balance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a book called "10 great dates to energize you marriage" Will and I went through the book a couple of years ago and it really was a great way to bring the focus back to us and our marriage. I think that you could do several of the "dates" at night after the kids go to bed and only have to get a sitter a few times. I am thinking we are back to the point were we need to do something like that again.

    ReplyDelete