Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

September 5, 2011

My Labor Day Tribute

Although there are many people out there that work very, very hard, I would like to give a tribute to some of the professions that I believe are underappreciated and give them my own personal "shout-out!"

  • Nurses - these folks get so much done and it seems like nobody ever notices.  They carry out a lot of doctor orders, clean things I wouldn't ever want to touch, are overworked and work very undesirable hours/weekends/holidays.  Yet, the few times I have had to be in the hospital, the nurses can make or break my stay.  I was lucky to be pretty blessed by the nurses that I had (whether or not I believe they may have been a bit too pushy about wanting me to get up and moving).  So, let's hear it for the nurses out there!
  • Elementary School teachers - I believe that this group of teachers is underappreciated.  Many people think that "anybody could do this job."  They think just because the content that one is teaching is easy, they believe that the job is easy.  Ok, so maybe teaching 3x3 = 9 doesn't seem complicated.  But teaching 3x3=9 to about 25 eight-year olds in a room with yourself as the only supervising adult?  The thought of this just intimidates me!  So let's hear a shout-out for ALL teachers out there!  (personal should out to Owen's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Jackson!)
  • Military - this one should almost speak for itself, and some may argue that they get recognition all the time.  I believe that there is no such thing as too much appreciation, gratitude, and respect that should be shown to our hard working men and women who consider it their job to serve.  Shout out to them and all their families!!!
  • SAHMs (and SAHDs)- ok, so they aren't considered to be part of the "labor" force, but come on - hard work?  Oh yeah!  These folks that stay at home with their children are on the job almost 24/7 (I assume that they are allowed some vacation - nudge, nudge if you aren't!).  Although I am sure it is a very rewarding job, I know that it must have its challenges as well.  So, let's hear it for them!  (In addition, this may be a great time to thank all of the daycare providers who take on this role for those who choose to or must work - so let's hear it for them too (and a personal shout out to Aunt Kathy's Childcare!))
Who are you personally appreciative of today?

No comments:

Post a Comment