Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

September 28, 2011

C25K Update

I have been told I need to make the time to do this.  I try to do so and then other things come up with the hubby and kids.  I'm still doing my best.  On Thursday, I accomplished Week 2, Day 2.  Sunday, I accomplished Week 2 Day 3.  Last night, I accomplished Week 3 Day 1.  I must admit even reading week 3 scared me.  I was only doing 90 seconds of running at a time and they believed I could double it - really?  I told Brandon when I left that if I wasn't back within 40 minutes to send out a search party!  Even when I was 10 seconds away from starting that first 3 minutes run (and even on the second one) I had to say to myself - Jackie you can do this.  You can.  Everyone may be expecting you to fail and give up on this (including yourself), but you CAN DO THIS. 


MY GOAL: To jog the entire 5K on November 19th!

How am I feeling?: So far, so good.  I was definitely a little more winded last night. 

Current outlook for goal: I am really going to start focusing on getting from one day to the next as the goal still feels so far away (and a bit out of reach) - doing my mini-goals. 

What is hardest?: Believing in myself right now - I don't remember the last time I ran a mile without walking some (maybe when I was 14?).
Recommendations to those wanting to start the program: I have to go with last week's still here - especially now that I have to do it myself - Mini-goals. Maybe the idea of running a full 5K seems way to "out there." So set a mini-goal(s) along the way. I'm already setting the mini goal of making it to the week where I run for 5 minutes straight. (For some this may seem like a "weenie" goal, but the goal should be based on you and your current situation).


Anyone else out there start it? How are you doing?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are making some progress! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete