Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

September 21, 2011

C25K Update

Ok - honest start.  Man this has been a tough week between Owen's birthday (post to come), my Mom's surgery, it has been very hard to make the time.  On Sunday, September 11th I completed week 1 of the program (even in the rain!).  On Friday, September 16th, I started week 2 - Day 1.  Last night, I completed Week 2 Day 2.  So I might be a little behind the recommended scheduled, but I'm still going!  (If you're interested:  the program.)  I know a lot of people recommend morning runs, but with our family work schedule and the kiddos, this isn't doable for me :(

MY GOAL: To jog the entire 5K on November 19th!

How am I feeling?: Other than being a bit down on myself about finding the time, I'm doing good.  Physically, no issues.  Not really any type of soreness yet or feeling like I can't breathe!

Current outlook for goal:  So far, I'm still feeling ok for this.  Please note that I'm NOT setting a "time" goal of any type for this!

What is hardest?: Finding the time!  - wonder if this will change for me (will it always be hard to find the time or will something else get even harder?)

Recommendations to those wanting to start the program:  Mini-goals.  Maybe the idea of running a full 5K seems way to "out there."  So set a mini-goal(s) along the way.  I'm already setting the mini goal of making it to the week where I run for 2 minutes straight.  (For some this may seem like a "weenie" goal, but the goal should be based on you and your current situation).

Anyone else out there start it? How are you doing?

1 comment:

  1. Somone once told me it's hard to "have the time to workout" you just need to MAKE the time. Otherwise, there is always some excuse around the corner (I'm soo guilty of this!) Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete