Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

September 14, 2011

Surgery

Today my mom is going in for surgery this morning - she is having hip replacement.

This wasn't a decision that she entered into lightly at all.  She has been in a lot of pain for awhile now.   She had gone to the chiropractor for awhile, gotten a cortizone shot.  She has been hobbling along doing much more than she probably should.  The doctor that she went to told her that she would know when it was time.

When I was back visiting in July, I could tell that she was in a lot of pain.  On top of this, I could tell that she wasn't getting any real "quality" sleep - she might be able to sleep for 45 minutes at a time before waking to adjust in some way.  You could tell that she didn't want to bend over (and so she had a harder time getting Quinnie).  A lot of her family was trying to talk her into getting it - but as most Moms know, it easy to put ourselves off and think more about others.  In addition, Moms don't like to be an incovenience to other people and ask/need help.

But - it was time.  It was time to put herself and her health first.

My Mom is one of the strongest, sweetest, honest, dedicated, and hard-working people I know.  She is nervous as most people would be - not just about the surgery, but about the recovery.  I talked to her on Monday evening about what she would like to have me send to her - she answered my prayers, guardian angel and love.  So I'm asking all of you reading this to send those things to her.  If you know her personally, drop her a message, a phone call, a visit?  She needs the support of her family and friends right now! 

Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. You got it Jackie! Praying now, and and heading to the hospital soon. Sweet blog ... she's one special lady :)

    ReplyDelete