Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

September 8, 2011

One Car Family

I know that there are many families out there that get by with only one car just fine.  However, we have gotten so used to having two cars, it is amazing how much adjustment there really is when you only have one.

Brandon's car is currently being worked on (dropped off on Friday) so we only have my car.  When one of us leaves for some reason (to go out or take one of the kids somewhere), the other is literally stuck at home.  Ok, so that seems obvious, but we are literally . . . stuck.  On Saturday, Brandon took Owen to a fun get together (too hot for Quinnie) and they left around 3:30 and didn't get back until late.  I couldn't take Quinnie to run an errand and I even began to freak out about "what if something happened" and I needed to get to the hospital (of course, this is when 911 would prove very useful to know!)

So looking beyond just been stuck, what other problems occur you may ask - getting everyone where they need to be.  Just to give you an idea, here is how yesterday went:

Left house at about 7:30.  First, we dropped Brandon off at work (about 10 miles, primarily east) at about 7:50 (must be at work by 8).  Then I went back the way I cam from to take Owen to daycare/kindergarten at 8:05 (about 8 miles back).  Then I went to drop Quinnie off at daycare (about 17 miles) at 8:45.  Then I went to work (about 1 mile) and arrived at my offic at about 9am.

Went about my day (imagine very fun and exciting statistics activities..., yes exciting and fun.  really, it can be.  Ok, so that's for another blog...)

Then I left work at about 4:50 and got Quinnie at 5.  Left there to go get Daddy at about 5:25.  Then we all went to get Owen from daycare/kindergarten at 5:40 and all arrived back home around 6pm.

Thus, I was gone of 10.5 hours and was only at work for about 8 hours.  I was exhausted!  So now we know we can get by with one car, I just don't really want to anymore!!

1 comment:

  1. We have been a one car family for a couple years... you get used to it :) Sometimes it is a blessing to not be able to go run around all the time because I get more done at home. When I drive Matt to work and keep the car for the day I am always amazed at how fast the day disappears just running little errands.

    ReplyDelete