Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

October 25, 2011

C25K Update

It has been a really rough week - not going to lie.  I finished week 4 about a week and a half ago,  However, I didn't feel ready to move on last Wednesday when I went running.  So I stayed on week 4.  I haven't gone since that day.  However, I'm not giving up - I'm just going to repeat week 4.  I may not get to run my entire 5K on November 19th, but I'm still going to go through the training and I can do another 5K later that I can run the entire thing.  So even if I have to walk for part of the 5K on November 19th - I'll be there!

MY GOAL: To complete the 5K on November 19th with minimal (1 minute at a time) walking.

How am I feeling?: Doing ok - little down on myself knowing that I won't get to run it all but know that I am going to continue!

Current outlook for goal: Since I've changed my goal now, good!

What is hardest?: Believing in myself right now - I don't remember the last time I ran a mile without walking some (maybe when I was 14?).

Recommendations to those wanting to start the program: I have to go with last week's still here - especially now that I have to do it myself - Mini-goals. Maybe the idea of running a full 5K seems way to "out there." So set a mini-goal(s) along the way. I'm already setting the mini goal of making it to the week where I run for 8 minutes straight. (For some this may seem like a "weenie" goal, but the goal should be based on you and your current situation).

Anyone else out there start it? How are you doing?

1 comment:

  1. I started again this week and I was surprised that at the end of each run i was disappointed that it was over. It gets easier each time i start over but it sure would be nice to get to the end. I know our holiday trip back to nebraska will be tough but my goal for that week will be to get in one run. time will tell. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete