Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

October 11, 2011

C25K Update

I have been told I need to make the time to do this. I try to do so and then other things come up with the hubby and kids. I'm still doing my best.   (C25K Program)

Since my last update, I have finished Week 3.  Then on Sunday, I started week 4.  Week 4 starts as:  5 minute warm up walk then do the following
Jog 3 minutes, Walk 90 seconds
Jog 5 minutes, Walk 2.5 minutes
Jog 3 minutes, Walk 90 seconds
Jog 5 minutes

And I did it!!!!

My hubby helped to give me a pep-talk before I left and I was determined to do it!


MY GOAL: To jog the entire 5K on November 19th!

How am I feeling?: Doing pretty well - not too sore yet.

Current outlook for goal: I have to take this one day at a time.  No matter what, I WILL be at the 5K!  My biggest fear about not meeting the goal is that the program takes me up to 30 minutes of jogging, and I think it will take me longer to do a 5K.

What is hardest?: Believing in myself right now - I don't remember the last time I ran a mile without walking some (maybe when I was 14?).

Recommendations to those wanting to start the program: I have to go with last week's still here - especially now that I have to do it myself - Mini-goals. Maybe the idea of running a full 5K seems way to "out there." So set a mini-goal(s) along the way. I'm already setting the mini goal of making it to the week where I run for 5 minutes straight. (For some this may seem like a "weenie" goal, but the goal should be based on you and your current situation).


Anyone else out there start it? How are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment