Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

December 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

Go check out my friend's recipe for Rum Balls.

Today I'm going to share a recipe similar to the one that my Mom and I make together.  I know that this is not the same recipe she uses as I'm pretty sure her's only has brown sugar (no white sugar) and no milk.  However, I like this recipe as the peanut butter cookie is less of a pain (not as crumbly). 

Adapted from Hersheys.com

Ingredients
  • 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.     
  2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
  3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls.  Place in mini muffin pan.  
  4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each  cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
  5. I usually place them in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to harden up the chocolate so that I can stack these cookies!  (Thanks for this tip Mom!)

About 4 dozen cookies.


Christmas Cookie Countdown

No comments:

Post a Comment