Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

December 20, 2011

Moments that make me smile

This past few weeks, although I have been very busy at work with the end of the semester drawing to a close, I have been noticing some of the more simple things in life and boy have some of them made me smile!

Lately, Quinnie has been very much of a Mommy's girl and follows me almost anywhere - to the laundry room, into the bathroom, working in the kitchen.  The other day she was "helping" me with the dishes and when she came over, she had carried her shoes over on her hands.  To make me chuckle even more, she threw them onto the bottom rack of the dishwasher!  I told her that they weren't dirty and gave them back to her, then she took them back to the "pile of shoes."



Owen had a school Christmas program last week.  They came out wearing Santa hats and reindeer shirts that they had made.  The sang lots of songs including Owen's Twelve Days of Christmas.  He kept his eyes on me most of the time.  Once it was over, I get to meet his "bff" - McKenzie.   In addition, I met his mother who told me that whenever she picks McKenzie up, she has to give Owen a hug before she goes :)



Finally, on Friday Owen had an eye doctor appointment (no news is good news!).  After I got done scheduling his next appointment in June, we were getting ready to leave.  Owen looked at the receptionist and said "Bye - Merry Christmas."  This made me smile so much as sometimes I forget to say this to people now as I'm afraid of "offending" them.  I don't like to just say "Happy Holidays" so I got in the habit of telling my students to "enjoy your break."  But after seeing my son's sweetness and the delight on the receptionist's face, I don't think people should be offended when you are wishing them pleasantries!

What is making you smile right now?

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I need to record more of the little things! Aiden is always making me smile with his silliness! :)

    ReplyDelete