Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

December 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Bars

Today's recipe I got from a middle school friend's Mom and I hadn't even thought about it since I was 16 until just this week!  I emailed my Mom and asked her if she remembered a recipe that had a yellow cake-like bottom, topped with peanut butter and chocolate.  She found it for me and sent it to me!  I like this as it is not that sweet compared to so many things this time of year.  Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Bars
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 cups flour
2 T melted butter
2 T oil
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
12 oz chocolate chips
Peanut butter

Beat sugar, oil, butter. Mix in milk.  Add eggs, one at a time. Add remaining ingredients (except peanut butter and chip) and mix.

Bake in greased jelly roll pan (I believe it's a 10 x 15) at 350 for 20 minutes. As soon as removed from oven, spread on peanut butter to melt. Chill. Melt chips and spread over. Refridgerate 10 minutes. Line cut the chocolate. Refridgerate until serving.


Christmas Cookie Countdown

No comments:

Post a Comment