Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 30, 2011

Project 31 - Day #9

What virtues do you value in yourself?

Let's start with something most people know about me - I really don't like to talk about myself too much - I always feel like it is "bragging."  But, we'll try to get over that.  That is part of what this is about - too appreciate the person I am more and be proud of who God made me!

  1. Empathy - I really try to put myself in other people's shoes and think about how they want me to react (not that I always do).  I probably do a better job of this with my students.  I work where I do because my family is what should always come first to me, and I expect that my students will be the same.  I want them to put their kids first, their parents first, etc.  I try to help them catch up if they take the responsibility too!  I also think that since it hasn't been that long since I was a student, that helps :)
  2. Honesty - I try to be who I really am all the time.  Granted, I may still have to keep some of my thoughts/comments to myself, but that is for everyone's good :)  I don't just tell people what they want to hear - I try to tell it like it is!
  3. Patience - this probably used to be my "best" but I have to admit I have gotten a bit less patient, especially with my son (and some of my students - it isn't that hard to follow directions!).  Owen has easily been testing this lately with his eating and his "no" behavior.  Overall though, I think I am still a pretty patient mom and teacher.
We all have things to work on - if we ever don't think that we do, we're lying to ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment