Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 5, 2011

My goals for 2011

I decided not to call these resolutions as they make me feel like I am already set up to fail!  But when I call it a goal, I decide it is more of something I have to work to achieve.

So, here are my top __ goals for 2011 that cover the whole spectrum.
  1. Spend less time on the computer at home - when I visited my parents/family over Christmas, I was there for over 8 days and I only got on the computer 1 day.  I didn't really miss it that much.  The main reason it was easier then is I didn't have to worry about work (email, etc).  Thus, I don't want to spend more than 30 minutes a night on the computer while my kiddos are awake.
  2. Adopt a more healthly lifestyle - I want to continue to workout and begin to lift weights.  I want to take my son outside more once it gets nice.  I want to try to make our meals more healthly.  I don't want to give myself an "I want to lose ____ lbs before ______" kind of goal as I need to do this more for the health, not the appearance.  I bet if I do what I have listed, the weight will probably come off with it!
  3. Find a hobby that gets me out of the house! - I don't get out much at all.  I need to find something that isn't too expensive (like a bowling league or a fun class, like scrapbooking) to do to maintain my sanity!
  4. Become more optimistic (stop focusing on negative) - I worry to much about things and need to enjoy the moments that I like more than worrying about the ones that let me down.
  5. Find a chuch in KY - This one has been tough with the kiddos.  I keep saying I'm going to go and do have the best of intentions, however, I keep finding excuses.  
So those are my goals for the coming year - do you have any good ones to share?

1 comment:

  1. I think those sound great! Today was our first "wireless wednesday" (no computer, cell phone, cable) and even though we are sick, which made it more difficult, we appreciated the break :)

    ReplyDelete