Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 24, 2011

Project 31 - Day #3

Who is someone you know that inspired beauty?

When I think about answering this question, I'm going to answer it with regards to who has inspired the beauty in me.  There are a few people I have to address to answer this question.

  1. My Mom - although this may seem like the most standard answer to this question, I don't care.  I need to let the world know what a wonderful mother I had and how much that she has inspired me.  She is the one that helped me realize that I need to be who I am regardless if that meant some people didn't like me or that certain boys wouldn't want to date me.  She is the one that made me realize that I shouldn't settle in life and I should want to (and get to) have it all!  My Mom always made time for me whether that meant a talk or showing me how to cook something.  She has a tendency to bring out the positive side in people and yet she is truly genuine about it.  She isn't putting on a show so that people think that she is that way, she really is!  One of the most amazing things that she has recently done is quit smoking after about 35 years of smoking!  She has been smoke-free for about 5 months!  I just hope that my Mom really does know how much she has inspired me and what a beautiful person she is!
  2. My Dad - maybe not in the traditional way that you may think.  He has inpsired beauty through how much he does for us and others that he doesn't even realize.  He has been a great role model to me of what a man should be.  He worked long hours (generally more than 50 hours a week) while I was growing up and he still made time for his wife and kids.  He helped out around the house (this was something that grew as they were married longer), he played with his kids, and he still made time to volunteer at the church.  He did his best to be at his kids' activities and has been an outstanding grandpa as well!  (He has also been smoke free for 5 months!)
  3. My husband and kids - they make me see the beauty in the day-to-day side of things.  I can find the beauty in the little things such as Owen spelling a new word or playing a game of Chutes and Ladders, or when Quinnie rolls over for the first time or laughs when I kiss her tummy.  My hubby has made me realize that I am beautiful all around with the way that he compliments me and supports me. 
I love them all so much and hope they all know how much they mean to me!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good for your mom and dad being smoke free! :) I think having kids does make life SO much more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete