Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 23, 2011

Project 31 - Day #2

What makes me uniquely me?

So what makes Jackie, Jackie?  Hmmm.  Wow, I have never really thought of myself as being all that "special" or unique.  I think one of the biggest things that makes me me is my stubborness of wanting to have it all!  I went through a lot of years of school to get the job that I really wanted.  With as much as I love what I do, I refused to do it at the expense of getting to be a real mother and wife.  I want to be there for everything that my kids go through in life.  I want to be at their doctor's appointments, their first days of school.  I want to be able to be home with them when they are sick.

One of my biggest qualities that makes me uniquely me is my inability to be content.  I'm always worrying about something or planning for the next big thing in life.  I got a small chance at getting to be content over Christmas break just being happy with my family.  Not worrying so much about what tomorrow holds and knowing that everything would work out.  I wish I could get better at that.

Finally, I am getting better at being happy with who I am inside and out.  Not everyone will like me and that is ok!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is amazing that you can balance everything in your life, and that you didn't have to give up what you worked so hard for! I admire you for that, and definitely dont know how you do it ;) Your kids are lucky to have a great role model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We never know what we are truly capable of until we need to be!

    ReplyDelete