Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 22, 2011

Project 31 - Day #1

I decided to joing this Project 31 and blog about women's beauty.

Day 1 - What does beauty mean to me?

This is actually a hard question for me to answer.  Beauty is not something I believe I see as much as I feel.  What I consider "beauty" of "beautiful" is what makes me feel happy or makes me smile.  Seeing my daugher smile at me or having my son run up to me screaming "Mommy" when he is so happy to see me.  Coming home and having my supper already cooked for me.

Beauty is looking on the positive side of things, taking time for the most important things in life and feeling confident in myself and ability as a mother, wife, teacher, friend...,.  I know I have a hard time doing many of those things.  Why do women have such a hard time with these things?

They say that "beauty is in the eye of beholder," and this is very true.  In God's eyes, we are all beautiful and so is everything that He created.  Unfortunately, we don't see through His eyes and we can only hope to get close to this.  What we can do is at least try to remember that He has made us beautiful in our own way and that we should try to live up to who He knows we can be!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited you are doing this, Jackie! I agree, it seems women in particular have a hard time accepting how wonderful they are =) I definitely think you are a beautiful and inspiring person and look forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete