Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 26, 2011

Project 31 - Day #5

Day #5    Write about someone who made your heart come alive

Ask anyone about me as I was growing up and they will definitely tell you that I am a planner.  I like to know what I'm doing well in advance and like to look forward, maybe even too much.  I thought I had everything perfectly planned - went to college, got married, went to grad school and then I'd have a baby.  Little did I know that the last two were going to coincide! 

They say that when you make plans, God laughs - then He must have had a pretty good chuckle when He decided to bless us with a child earlier than I had "planned."

Having to worry about this new little person growing inside of me made me more aware of how my behavior impacted others since here, it was having a direct impact on someone else. 

When having my son, my world changed in so many ways.  I realized just how fragile that this life I lead is and that I have someone else literally depending on me in so many ways.  I began to live more in the "here and now" instead of always looking and planning for what is to come.  Owen brought so much joy into my life, I can't even imagine my world without him.  It is amazing how becoming a Mom can change you in so many ways, most for the better! 


1 comment:

  1. I love this photo. And I was always looking forward before aiden too, but now I try to soak up every second with him :)

    ReplyDelete