Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 3, 2012

New Year, New Goals

First off, I promise that "Outfit of the Week" will return next Monday.  Yesterday, I was busy traveling with my 2 kiddos for 15 hours!  (If you want my suggestions on traveling with kids, see this post).


Now that we've started a new year, it is time for some new goals.  I don't like to call them resolutions as I feel I'm setting myself up for failure.  So here are my goals and their corrensponding strategies:

  1. Work-out at least three times a week - strategy:  Work out at work on three of the following 4 days:  Tuesday, Wedneday, Thursday, Friday.  Wednesday would have to be a quick one (I'd have an hour to get changed, work out and go get Quinn) but I sometimes have long meeting on Tuesdays!
  2. Jog an entire 5K in May - strategy:  Two of my three workout days from above should be training for this and then another day of the weekend should be devoted to this.  Plan on starting this the first of February!
  3. Cut back on soda - strategy:  Slowing ween myself down.  I don't believe (right now) that I can give up my morning "wake-up" pop, but would like to get down under 32 oz a day...for now!
  4. Eat more fruits/veggies and less "bad carbs" - strategy:  Keep more fresh fruits arround the house and replace one of our sides (that would probably be some type of potato or garlic bread) with a salad at least once a week.
  5. Stop snacking after 9pm - strategy:  Eat a snack with the kiddos and eat what they eat (I have a tendency to bring out the "good stuff" once they are in bed!)
  6. Worry less about Quinn's development - strategy:  Take this one day at a time, one milestone at a time.  Remember that when a child is at a lower percentile, someone has to be there and I'm sure that there are many more kids out there that are in a similar boat.

Ironically, I believe number 6 is going to be the hardest for me.  I really also wanted to set a goal of losing weight, but I truly believe that by doing numbers 1-5, this will help aid it more than just stating that goal.

What are you goals (feel free to share your link with me if you've blogged about this too!)

1 comment:

  1. These are great goals! Look forward to being inspired by your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete