Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 4, 2012

Brain Dump

So this might not be the greatest post in the world, but I have always promised to give you an honest look into what is going on in my head!

  1. About two years ago, I drove back to Nebraska after they had a pretty large snowfall the day before.  I drove over 700 miles to get to the Nebraska border and the interstate was closed (found another way).  Then on Monday on our way back to Kentucky, everything was fine until I got to the Kentucky border (about 15-20 miles away) and suddenly the roads were icy and speeds were around 10mph.  Seriously!!!
  2. On that note, my kids were amazingly good on the trip.  Owen was very helpful and listened to me.  That sure does make it easier.  Quinn did get pretty fussy toward the end and didn't eat the greatest, but all in all, they were really good!
  3. I'm still having a hard time adjusting back to Eastern time (from Central).  I believe this has a lot to do with leaving at 4:30am  (central) on Monday morning more than losing the hour on the way back!
  4. Quinn has not been eating very well for about a week now.  I'm not sure exactly what is going on.  Normally she gobbles up peanut butter jelly and she wanted nothing to do with it yesterday as well!  This is a hard decision for us as I want her to eat what we give her but she is also so tiny that we can't afford for her to not eat and lose weight!
  5. No one who works for a college in any way (including book reps) should not be allowed to be "out of the office" the week before classes start!  Argh!
  6. How can kids be so tough on things?  Owen has already burnt through a backpack and his folder is almost split into 2 already.  Next year I need to buy one backpack early and then wait for the school supplies to be on clearance and buy a few back-ups!
  7. Finally, and this I need responses to please!, any quick ideas for how to save some extra money?  We've had a few extra medical bills coming in and I need to find some more ways to save some money!  I already coupon on things I know I'll buy, we're at the lowest cell phone minutes, got rid of the "extra" unneeded channels on our cable.
So there you have a lot of what is going on in my head.  Anything you'd like to share?

Happy HumpDay!

2 comments:

  1. Small things I have done to save some money: go meatless 1-2 times a week (save about $15-$20 a month), stopped drinking soda (save about $15-$20 month), and started buying more "genrics" (save about $5-$10 month).

    Hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got rid of cable entirely and have just netflix. So much cheaper and plenty of variety for us.

    ReplyDelete