Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 6, 2012

Baby Steps

I have always been a girl who took things one step at a time - I was so afraid that if I looked too far ahead I would trip and fall right where I was.  So the fact that my children appear to be doing the same thing is not too surprising.  Yet for them, I appear to be looking far ahead.  I'm looking so far ahead that I am not taking the time to enjoy where we are and every step we've taken - even if they are baby steps.  Yet, at least we are moving forward.  So here is a tribute to the baby steps that they have made recently.

Owen
  • He has his first spelling test today which he is ready to ace!
  • He has started to listen much better and helps Mommy out when she asks.
  • His eating has gotten better, not great, but better - baby steps!  (We don't cry much at the table any more, he will eat a few bites of veggies, and he is eating a better variety of foods)

Quinn
  • She is starting to "babble" much more (which I'm told is the first step children must go through before doing much real talking)
  • She is walking almost everywhere and wearing herself out!
  • She is beginning to be a bit less picky about what she will pick up to eat.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm not going to look ahead for my kids as I feel it is my job to help lead them down the correct path.  They themselves need to be paying closer attention to what is right there in front of them and I need to stop for a minute and enjoy it too!

             

No comments:

Post a Comment