Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 18, 2012

Am I Super Mommy?

On Monday, Owen was off from "regular" Kindergarten and I was off from work.  So, I decided that I would take Owen into daycare for his half day of kindergarten there and then pick him up around 1 (kept Quinnie home with me).

Monday started with all of us oversleeping until about 8am, so I got Owen dressed, threw on some sweats, put Quinnie in her carseat (jammies still on) and we took Owen to daycare (as he also ate a granola bar on the way!)  Got him dropped off at about 8:25 and came back home.  I got out some of the dough for making Runzas today (recipe another day!).  At about 9am I got a call that Owen had just got sick in the bathroom so I was headed out again to get him (still me in sweats and Quinnie in her jammies).  He seemed fine when I got there, but just to be safe, I took him home.

Once we got home I asked him what he wanted to do - right now he wanted to watch a "new movie."  So, I got out Cars 2 that he got for Christmas from Uncle Dan and Aunt Amber and he got to watch it.  Although he loved the movie and sat rather still for it, he wasn't acting sick.  During the movie, I got my hamburger browned, cabbage and onion grated, and got everything simmering.  I started rolling runzas at 11:30.  At about noon, I started to get the kiddos lunch (Owen had a lunchable and a runza, Quinn had a runza and puffcorn).  I ate a couple of runzas between making runzas and getting the kiddos additional things that they needed.

At about 1:45, I had the last pan of runzas in the oven (I made 72 in total).  So I got Quinn ready for her nap and had her down before the timer went off.  Phew, that's done!

However I was somehow a very smart mommy and was also planning to make a spiral ham, mashed potatoes and gravy for supper.  (Let's just say I had planned to make it Saturday or Sunday forgetting that Brandon had his dart banquet on Saturday and I had a department party on Sunday).  So I got that in the oven around 2:30.

Owen now wanted to play same games while Quinnie was napping but I told him I had to get some things picked up and cleaned.  "I can help you Mommy!" was the reply.  So Owen helped me fold laundry, clean off the table, pick up toys, pick up towels around the house and start more laundry.  He was a great helper.  Then we sat down to play some games.  We played "Guess Who" for the first time and then he helped me fold the next load of laundry.  After that, he wanted to play "Candyland" which he normally wins, but it wasn't happening much today.  Quinn woke up from nap, got them a snack and then Daddy got home.  I got the potatoes ready and gravy made for us to eat at about 5:45.  Daddy went to his "Best of the Best" tournament and I spent about an hour cutting and dicing the leftover ham for future meals.

That night, my neck hurt so bad (and still does) on just one side.  I couldn't even hardly sleep on that side.  Although I had done a lot this day (on my own accord), I felt like I was trying to be "Super Mommy."  However, what I realize is that I just want to be a good mommy.  A day like this once in awhile is busy and tough (as I had to do some work for school later that night), Owen will look back at how Mommy taught him responsibility (work before play) and how she took the time to spend with him doing things that he loved.  So, "We had a great day, it was a super way, to spend some time together."

No comments:

Post a Comment