Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 13, 2012

Hamburger Green Bean Casserole

A lot of people have been finding my recipes that I posted awhile back (homemade french fries and potato soup).  One of my friends has also asked me to start posting more recipes for quick suppers.  So, here is one that I really like.  Unfortunately I haven't made it in awhile so I don't have pictures to go with it.

I know I got this out of one of my cookbooks, I just can't remember which one.  It may have been "Where's Mom Now That I Need Her":

Hamburger Green Bean Casserole
1 pound 80-90% lean hamburger
1 can tomato soup
1 can green beans (I prefer the french style)
1.5 cups mashed potatoes (I either use leftovers or instant potatoes)
1 cup cheddar cheese

Brown hamburger and drain-off grease.  In same skillet as hamburger, add tomato soup and green beans.  Simmer until warm.  Put ingredients in 9 by 9 baking dish.  Top with mashed potatoes and then cheddar cheese.  Bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. We call this Shepard's pie and funny thing, I bought everything at the store today so I can make it next week. This is one of my #1 favorites.

    ReplyDelete