Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 30, 2011

You know you're a mom when...

There have been quite a few instances in my life where I've thought to myself, you can tell I'm a Mom even when my kids are nowhere near me.  I'm sure all moms have those moments.  So I've decided to list (and share) about some of these experiences that I've encountered lately as well as ones that I recall from my Mom :).

You know you're a Mom when...
  • you sign a check (front or back) with a crayon.  (I was waiting at the bank and needed to sign the back of a check to deposit.  Couldn't find a pen in my purse for the life of me.  I did, however, find a 4-pack of crayons that Owen begged me to bring home from a restaurant.  Little did I know that he had done me a favor!)
  • you can eat a meal in under 5 minutes.  (It seems like I'm always busy trying to make sure Owen has something to eat or feeding Quinn (or trying to finish myself before feeding Quinn) that I can wolf down my meal in World Record Hot Dog eating speed if necessary!  I can unfortunately carry this mentality wherever I go.)
  • the best idea for a vacation for yourself involves your husband taking the kids on vacation and you get the house to yourself!  (Ok, am I alone on this one?  The idea of getting the house all to myself for a day just sounds like the biggest treat!)
  • your alarm is blaring so loud it could wake the house and you don't hear it, but if your child sniffles in the middle of the night you are awake in a second.  (Ok, so I can't sleep through the blaring alarm, but I can through a rain storm).
  • the last time your FaceBook pic wasof you was...Hmm, don't remember when.
  • your definition of "clean" would nowhere near pass the health inspector if they were to visit (organized clutter is close to my definition of clean anymore).
  • when asked to sing a song the first thing that comes to your mind is "Fairytale Villiage"from The Backyardigans. (And there are so many more than I can sing as this is Quinnie's favorite show).
  • you find yourself watching Sesame Street more than an hour after you have put the kids in bed (now this could be because I'm too lazy and tired to get up and get the remote.)
  • when you put on make-up and your husband wonders what the special occasion is (anniversary? birthday?  what did I miss???)
  • you consider catching your child's vomit as a victory (husband caught it on the plate the other night - good work Daddy!)
  • even more sad, that you can witness your child throwing up and still continue eating (ok - please tell me I'm not the only one here!)
It is amazing that becoming a Mom can make a person a lot less modest (the way we have to be able to talk frankly and share our bodies when we have the baby!). 

I'm sure I'll do another post about this so feel free to share your favorite "you know you're a Mom when.." moment!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment