Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 25, 2011

Summer Nebraska Trip - Part I

Back in the middle of July, we made a trip out to Nebraska to visit family for vacation.  Now, by we I mean the kids and me.  Brandon didn't have vacation time to be able to take off. 

How did we get there you may ask - we drove.  How far:  790 miles one way.  Estimated time (MapQuest) was 11 hr 12 minutes.  Actual time (with 3 stops):  14 hrs 15 minutes (or so).  Now traveling with two kids deserves its own post, and I will at a later date!

We got to stay with my parents.  They have recently finished their basement which gives us a lot of room; in addition, they have a crib for Quinnie to use.  Being there has other advantages too - my Dad doesn't go to work until 12:45 (ish) so we were able to spend a lot of time with him and then my Mom would get home around 3.

We got to spend a lot of time with family (both sides) including my nieces and nephew.  But for this post, I'm going to talk about the two "vacation-y" things that we did.  I wanted to get the kids out and doing something and since they haven't been around Nebraska much, it could be like a real vacation.  We went to Lincoln Children's Museum - and this was our first experience there.  They happened to have a special exhibit, "Ballworks", that involved many different things that you could put golfballs on and see what happened.  There was even a place to build your own ramp.  We spent the majority of the time there. 





Quinnie even got to play. 






We went to the "Prairie" for awhile too. 


We ended our day on the top floor which involved airplane stuff.  Owen loves airplanes and can't wait to fly in one!






We also went to Ager play center (close to the zoo).  We went there on a rainy day and my Dad came with.  There was a great play area for Owen.  Ironically, when we walked in, it said that you needed to be at least 4 and no taller than "this" (animal holding out hand) to play in the big area.  Owen is 4 and was only 3" short enough! 






Quinnie played with "papa" and I



until...


We had a pretty good time.  Stay tuned for the family/friends part of the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment