Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 29, 2011

Back on the C25K wagon

C25K - Couch to 5K.  I had started this program back in May and had every intention of completing it.  Then something called summer classes started and I was a little busy (two 3-credit classes (one of which I was re-doing my entire notes for a book change) I was teaching, plus a 3-credit independent study and student research).  Ok, enough complaining.  I had gotten through only the first 3 weeks of the program (see here).

Now, I would like to get back to it.  I have found a 5K to register for (November 19th) to keep me motivated.  A friend is even willing to do it with me! Now that I have put it in writing that should give me more motivation. 

The program is literally designed to take you from the couch to running a 5K in 9 weeks (I have about 12 weeks to get ready!).  With as much as I want to do this to show everyone that I can do it, I really want to show myself that I can do it.  Running is one thing I just chalked myself up to not being good at and have continuously used it as an excuse.  So now, I hope to prove myself wrong and do it!  Please keep me honest and give me encouragement through the program.  I'll try to post about it once a week to see how it is going for me!


Oh, and in completely unrelated news, I got those shoes I wanted :)

5 comments:

  1. I really need to start up again. I am waiting for more favorable weather and to get a couple of trips out of the way. Sounds like more excuses to me but we'll see

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started this up again too. Well, I'm on week 5 but it's all relative. I did it the first time right before I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd child so I chose to quit. This time seems harder but maybe that means I have more work to do(: Good luck to you!

    I found you through the Roll Call at Blue-Eyed Bride. I love finding other KY bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Danielle! We'll have to keep each other on it! I'll pop by your blog soon here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get back to working out as well... I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm finally back running again. Wish I would have been when you were here to run with. Do you follow BenDoesLife? Amazing story and inspiration and a very funny guy!

    ReplyDelete