Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 18, 2011

Owen's First Day of Kindergarten

Yesterday was Owen't first day of kindergarten.  We had gone school shopping with his supply list awhile before.  Of course, the most important thing was the backpack! He wanted a Cars Backpack and we got him this one:

About everything else had a Cars theme to it as well (folders, notebooks, pencils).  The one thing we got him that had a different theme was a Marvels lunch box (with Spiderman on it).

So on Tuesday night when he went to bed, we got out clothes for the morning - he wanted to wear his blue Diary of a Wimpy Kid shirt and "hook" blue jeans.  Of course right before I go to bed is when I realize that I better put his name on everything.  I got his bag packed and ready to go in the morning.

We got up in the morning around 7 and were ready to all leave the house around 7:30 but of course, I needed a few "first day" pics:









In addition we left early enough as I wanted to take him out for donuts to show him that this was a very special day:




He seemed to enjoy the special treat and managed to keep himself clean :)  I then took him to his new daycare (which starts a Kindergarten program in September).  He didn't seem to be nervous at all - "bye Mom" - I have to admit I was a little sad that he wasn't more sad, but that's a Mom for you!

I called daycare after he got on the bus to ensure that the morning had gone ok, which it had.  Dad picked him up from daycare and they went out for ice cream (he doesn't need treats for a long time now!).  He wasn't overly talkative but he said that he had a good day, he had made friends (but didn't remember their names), there are two other Owens at daycare so he is now Owen W. (boo - I really didn't want him to have an initial!).  He was excited this morning about going and wanted to make sure he got to ride the bus again!

So we'll see how today goes.  Do you remember anything from your first day?

No comments:

Post a Comment