Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving

I know everyone else is probably doing a post just like this, but it is a good time to remember what we are thankful for.  I personally hope that this day of reflection puts a lasting memory of what we are thankful for as we turn toward Christmas.  I say that as I have found it a little ironic that after we sit around a table with lots of good food telling each other what we are thankful for (which are generally NOT material things) we turn around the next day (or this year in a few hours?) to fight someone over a tv!

So here is my list (not exhaustive) of the things that I'm thankful for:

  1. My husband and kiddos - I am very thankful to have a pretty good husband and kids.  I am most thankful about that we are all currently in (relatively) good health.  Especially with Quinn being a bit behind, we were a bit concerned that something was medically (either physically or mentally) wrong.  We are very glad that it is just a developmental delay and that she is making some good progress.
  2. Jobs - I am thankful that both my husband and I have stable jobs.  We went through a tough time at the beginning of this year with my husband losing his job, but he was able to find something pretty quickly.  Without having these jobs we would be unable to help provide so many things for our family (shelter, food, and the non-necessities)
  3. My parents - I am so thankful to have been raised by two parents who not only loved me (and now my own little family) unconditionally, but have been such great role models individually and as a couple.  I am especially thankful that my mom seems to be recovering well from her hip replacement surgery and that my dad is happy in his semi-retirement.
  4. My health - Although I am not exactly "fit" I have been very lucky to (knock on wood) not have had a lot of health issues.  Minus my little fainting spell that put me in the ER for stitches, I have been pretty "sick-free." 
  5. Technology - this may seem to be a strange one, but without technology, my life would not be as filled.  All this technology allows me to talk to my family that I am not close to (either via phone or webcam!), or share pictures with each other.  Although the distance between where we currently are and our family is pretty far, these luxuries make it a bit easier.
  6. A new church family - some of you may have already read about my most recent church experience, but I am so thankful that I have found a place that makes us feel so welcome and restores my faith every time that I attend.
I will be cooking our own little Thanksgiving for just us.  Although it might not be as good as what I'm used to (Grandma's gravy, Aunt Jodi's rolls...mmm), it will still be good!

  • turkey
  • gravy
  • rolls
  • mashed potatoes
  • green beans
  • snicker salad
  • cheesecake

Have a great Thanksgiving!  What are you most thankful for?

1 comment: