Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

November 4, 2011

Inspiration Friday

After hearing this week about Kim Kardashian filing for divorce after being married for a little more than 2 months, I was upset.  Not about them in particular breaking up, but about how some people look at marriage.  It seems as though a lot of people have the mentality "if it doesn't work out, we'll just get divorced."  I feel that people are treating a marriage too lightly - this should be a forever commitment not a until something better comes along commitment.


Let me say that my marriage is not perfect by any means.  We go through our own ups and downs but we always know that the other will be there for us.  We have our fights, sometimes too often but I know that I am the one who instigates the majority of them even when it may not have been my true intent.  (For those of you that know me, you know that I'm a sensitive person which doesn't help matters here!)

So for my inspiration going into this weekend, I wanted to make a list of the top 5 reasons I love my husband so much!

  1. He has a vast sense of humor - this is so great because he smiles and laughs so much.  It makes me want to do so more too!
  2. His knowledge about cars and sports- he may not be a mechanic or athlete, but his expertise in these areas can come in very useful (and be a little sexy at times too!)
  3. How large his heart is - he may come across as a tough guy, but he can be so loving and caring (but it also means that he can be vulnerable and get hurt too).
  4. He is a dreamer - this is good for me as sometimes I'm too grounded.  We balance each other well here!
  5. He was smart and chose to love me with his whole heart and make a commitment to us and our family.

Love you!

Daddy with Owen:


Daddy with Quinnie:

No comments:

Post a Comment