Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

November 17, 2011

A day in my life...

November 15th, 2011

A lot of people may wonder what I do all day.  So I thought I would give you a glimpse of what one of my days is like.  I tried to pick a more "typical" day vs. a jam-packed or extra-light day in my life.

I guess that technically November 15th started with me going to bed at 12:15 am (up grading papers).  I haven't been feeling to well so I was up a couple of times coughing but was able to go to sleep pretty easily.

Around 7am I got up and got myself dressed.  I then woke up Owen and Quinn to go downstairs.  Got Quinn a cup of milk (she eats her breakfast at daycare) and Owen some frozen waffles for breakfast.  I then usually put on The Backyardigans or Word World for them to watch while they have their food/milk and while I finish getting ready (It also so happens to let them know when we will be leaving as we leave about right after the show is done.)  When Owen is done eating breakfast, he goes upstairs to get dressed and brush his teeth.  Once I'm done getting myself ready, I get Quinn dressed, do her hair and brush her teeth.  I then take everything out to the car that I need that day and then come back inside to get the kids to go (around 7:50)

First, I drop Owen off at daycare around 8am (he had kindergarten there before he is bused to "regular" kindergarten).  Then Quinn and I get back in the car and we make the drive to her daycare for drop-off around 8:30.  Then I go to work and am in my office around 8:45.

I get my Diet Dr. Pepper, log-on to my computer to answer emails and get my examples printed off for class and then make copies of those.  I eat my granola bar and head down to my first class around 9:20am and get out of my second class around 12:15pm.  I eat my lunch and work on editing a paper.  I have office hours from 12:45 - 1:30 and one student pops in around 1 and stays for about 10 minutes.  I head down to teach my third class around 1:30 and get done teaching around 3pm.

I go upstairs to drop my stuff off, grab a pen and paper to go down to my meeting at 3:05.  Meeting lasts until 4:15 and then I am asked some extra questions by colleagues until 4:45.  I head upstairs, get a few things ready for the next day, pack-up my backpack with some more grading and head out to get Quinn around 5:15 and we make our drive home.  We get home around 6pm.

Brandon had started making chili before I got home and I finished it.  We have supper around 6:45.  We clean up and get the kids ready for baths at 7:30- Daddy takes Owen and I take Quinn.  Both kids are in their jammies and we give them their bedtime snack (or treat if they earned it).  We read a couple of stories downstairs before brushing teeth and going to bed.  Quinn is in bed around 8:30 and Owen shortly after around 8:45 (we get his clothes out for the next day).

Around 9pm I watch a show that I had taped (GLEE).  Then I watch another show (Chopped) and another show (90120 - I know!) while I am grading some exams.  I then go through Owen's backpack and get it ready for tomorrow and head to bed around 11:30pm. 

So there you have it - a typical day in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm - maybe it is better to take tests than to grade them!

    Hope your life can slow down for awhile!

    ReplyDelete