Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 19, 2009

Computers Suck

We have been having some issues with our computer for a while now. We must have gotten some sort of virus that the virus protection software given to me by my alma mater didn't seem to get rid of. I took it to the IT guys here at my university...the virus is so good that it has enabled the Task Manager that people use to look up the issues involved. Our only hope is to reformat the entire thing which wipes out everything! I have saved all my files that I need onto a flash drive and am working on downloading the drivers for this computer. I don't know if my copy of Windows XP will work since it wasn't for this computer.... :( We'll see what happens.

Now looking at Dell for a new computer...I am going to need one soon anyway. My old university may just get a computer back that has nothing on it :) They can reload all the needed programs anyways....

1 comment:

  1. Make sure the files you kept are not "contaminated" with the virus.

    Something had to have been downloaded to start this chain reaction...IE is usually pretty good about keeping up with updates.

    ReplyDelete