Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 28, 2009

Another snow/ice day

We are ALL stuck at home today. It started with knowing that O's daycare would be closed...then making me hope that classes were cancelled as I didn't know what I would do if they weren't. At about 11:15 last night they decided to cancel all day classes...then a bit earlier today decided to cancel night classes tonight. B's work called the day off this morning as well. There was maybe an additional inch or two of snow, but about half an inch of ice was on top of everything...then about another 2 or 3 inches of snow came down this morning, so I guess we have an ice sandwich.

Now I get to play catch up in my classes...I have time built in for stuff like this, but what it takes away is extra time to work through more examples and slow things down a bit...so it is still unfortunate for them.

So far there are around 60,000 customers in the tri-state area without power, we're lucky we aren't one of them. Had a couple of weird things happen though - the tv looked like B had paused it, but it just froze up. So I unplugged for a minute or so and we atleast have cable, no DVR right or on demand right now, but better than nothing. Then B got a phone call from ?? as it said incoming call from phone number: 000-000-0000??? Sure this weather is playing tricks on us all.

Hopefully, back to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you still have power...looks like your internet is still working too :)

    ReplyDelete