Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

June 1, 2010

Can't believe it is June!

Where has all the time off gone? Today I start teaching my night class (6:15 - 9pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays) that goes for 8 weeks - don't worry, I have this whole baby thing figured out - for week 3 of the course, I am giving an exam, which another professor is giving for me, and having a large assignment for them to work on outside of class. Then I'll be back (I think I will need those two nights out a week!!, and this way, I'm making some extra money too!)

It is only 10 days until the scheduled c-section. Had an appointment on Friday last week which told me I was up to 13 lbs gained - hopefully not too much more in the next week or so! Things are getting pretty difficult for me to do right now - can't seem to be on my feet for much more than an hour without needing to take a load off, so we'll see how teaching goes tonight!

Baby girl's room is pretty much ready for her arrival; now the guest room, on the other hand, is not so ready for gma and gpa's arrival. That is the goal of the week for me!

O's eating is getting horrible - he'll eat something one day and then not eat it the next day. I don't know if he is just testing his limits or what. At school, if he doesn't try everything, he is offered his lunch for snack (instead of whatever "goody" they are offering). At home, we take him to the slide or outside or he gets a special treat for snack when he has eaten well. I am refusing to force feed him, though I will admit I am tempted sometimes. If he would just be willing to try something new, we would be ok. Got him to try fresh pineapple and raspberries this weekend - like the pineapple, and at first liked the raspberries. I think he is more like me with the raspberries - love the flavor but can't stand all the seeds. He does eat quite a bit of fruit (apples, oranges, bananas, raisins, applesauce, pineapple) but can't get this boy to try veggies (he eats carrots at daycare sometimes...). The only "potato" he has eaten has been french fries. Are you sure this is my child?

Part of me hopes that he is just asserting indepedence and that he will eventually eat when he sees that mommy and daddy like it and that he will not be getting something else.

My concluding thought of the day - I am ready for June 11th to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment