Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

June 18, 2010

Quinn's Birth Story

My darling, Quinn Renee, was born on June 11th at 8:30 am. She weighed in at 6lbs 9 oz and was 18" long.


C-section went according to plan and I was back in recovery at about 9:15 am, and Quinn got to go with me. I was very excited that she got to stay with me and didn't have to go to a nursery. After about 30 minutes into recovery, she was finding her hands with her mouth, so we asked for a pacifier (she doesn't use it a lot, at least yet, we'll see).

Quinn didn't really eat much at first - less than half an ounce. She didn't eat great the first day, but we were up to about an ounce at a time (every 3 to 4 hours) by the time we left.

O. got to see Quinn on Friday night, and things have been going pretty well with them so far.



I was up into a chair on Friday night and O. was there so Mommy did her best to be strong even though she was in a lot of pain. Had to get up to go to the restroom on Saturday morning, and was walking the halls with Quinn by Sunday morning. I was very lucky to have such great, supportive and pushy :) nurses.

The pediatrician looked Quinn over on both Saturday and Sunday, and all looked good so we were given the seal of approval to be discharged. I was looked over by my doc as well, and we were able to head home on Sunday around 1pm.

1 comment: