Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 9, 2010

Swimming time

Yesterday was the first time this summer that I got to get into the pool! Owen and I went to the neighborhood pool which has a little (aka baby) pool and a big pool (that is what Owen calls them). Owen hasn't really gone swimming much before this summer since 2008 so I know I can't expect a lot of him yet. But Owen only wanted to go to the little pool. My dad had taken him before and Brandon took him before too, but Owen didn't want to get into the big pool for much more than one minute.

I played my mommy bit and began to whimper since mommy wanted to go to the big pool. Owen obliged as I promised I would carry him and not let go. The first time we were in the big pool, I wasn't allowed to bounce at all, get out of "carrying" mode, or dunk him. The second time he allowed me to bounce, spin, and pseudo-swim with him (where he has tummy floating, legs kicking but his head up!). He still didn't want to go under and didn't want to lose his trust so we didn't.

Next year, hopefully I can find swimming lessons for him either at NKU or at a community pool, maybe even see about gettin Quinn started early!

The only "bad" part of the swimming experience was putting on the bathing suit, but I'd do about anything for my little man. Now, I know I was never thin, but my tummy is even more "squishy" than usual due to not using it for so long. I want to get into better shape so I can be more confident next year when I'm with them (don't need a bikini body or anything, but if I get it, even better). So I need everyone to start holding me accountable - I'm going to do this by posting at least weekly blogs about my weight update (pounds lost as I'm not going to actually give you my weight), size update (new york and company sizing as favorite store), how i've worked out, and sample menus of what I'm eating. I'd love for people to send me lots of recipes since I am a picky eater and will definitely veto or edit some.

Help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment