Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 6, 2010

Back to Work - sort of

This past Monday was the kids' first day (back) at daycare. I figured I would start them there before I really had to be at work (classes start on the 23rd, meetings on the 16th). Since I had been home a lot of the summer I wasn't able to get a lot of what I needed to get done this so going in to work is definitely more productive than staying at home!

Now, I am going to be perfectly honest here - I was actually looking forward to taking the kids to daycare. I know that there are a lot of people that believe women should stay home with their kids, but I am not one of those people. Here are my reasons:

1. I think my kids will be better off in the long run by going to daycare. Owen did still learn a lot while he was at home with me, but it isn't the same as being with other kids and with someone who is more qualified to teach his age bracket. At home, we weren't able to go outside much due to my wanting to get Quinn on a schedule and the difficulties that followed the c-section (not being able to hold much weight), let alone the heat!





2. I appreciate my time with kids more when I'm not around them ALL the time and I also think that Owen is better behaved if he isn't home with me all day. (I also think my hubby appreciates my sanity level better too :) )

3. I love my job - I went through A LOT of school to get where I am now and enjoy it so much.

4. Can't afford it - while we may have to pay for two children in full-time daycare right now, that may only be for 1 year (if Owen starts kindergarten next year).

While being at home may not be for me, I applaud the women out there that want (and can) do it. It is definitely not an easy job, and yes it is a job!

Finally, let me end with a pic of Quinn's first smile caught on camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment