Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 11, 2010

Picky Eater's Choice Awards

For those of you that know me really well, you know that I am a very picky eater. So when it comes to needing to eat better, this is hard for me since I am not a veggie person. I have decided that I would give you some of my top picks for better pre-packaged foods that even I like:

1. Smart-ones 3 cheese ziti: This has got to be the best frozen "healthy" meal that I have ever had! Noodles are very soft and as long as you mix it up well, you don't have to worry about them being dry. Total time in microwave is about 4 minutes so it is definitely great in a pinch!


2. Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta: I have tried wheat pasta before to get my extra fiber, but it left a lot to be desired. This pasta looks and tastes just like white pasta but has the added benefits. My family didn't even notice (i.e. make comments) when I switched on them - that says it right there!


3. Kraft 2% milk cheeses: This gives you some reduced fat benefits without really noticing it. Let's be honest, when you want cheese, you don't want the taste to suffer. There are fat-free cheeses, but they just taste gross! This can be a nice compromise between taste and fat.


4. Fiber-one oats and chocolate granola bar: I'll be honest - I very much feared even trying this. I bought a box when I had a coupon and it took me almost a month to work up the courage. Anything with that much fiber had to be nasty, right? Shockingly, no!! Great tasting granola bar - Owen even eats it!


Those are at least some of my favorite things that aren't bad for me! Do you have any other items that you'd recommend to a picky eater?


Note: These are just my honest opinions/reviews. I'm not being paid to make these statements.

No comments:

Post a Comment