Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

March 11, 2010

Visit of a great friend

My best friend, Auntie A., was out in KY to visit us for about 3.5 days. We went to grad school together and became very close. She lives in WI now and teaches in MN. We miss each other incredibly so we were both very excited about her visit! She arrived on Sunday afternoon and left this morning (Thursday). It was really great getting to have her out here and spend time with her.

Sunday, we just relaxed and ate supper. We played a couple games of Phase 10 with hubby too. Our main forms of accomplishments the rest of the week revolved around shopping (and eating out). We went to New York and Company, Old Navy, DSW shoes, Gap Clearance Store, Home Goods, and had an appointment at Davids Bridal for her to start shopping for a dress. She was able to cross a few dresses off her list, but we also managed to add a couple. I was able to get her in one dress with ruffles, but you could tell by her face that it wasn't her :) We went out to eat at Steak and Shake, Donatos Pizza, and Cheddars (Steak and Shake mainly for O.).

We were both very happy to get our toes done on Tuesday. I had never gotten a pedicure here in KY, so we had to find a spot. We found a place with a great rep, which happened to be located inside Walmart! Eventhough we were slightly turned off by that fact, it was a great experience and our feet are very happy!!! I was very excited to get to wear a pair of my new shoes on Wednesday to show off my toes. Now aren't these shoes me?



Pretty comfy for how high they are ;)

We took O. on a walk one evening as the weather was really nice while Auntie was here - mid 50's to low 60's all days! Most of our shopping was done jacket-free! Maybe spring is finally here!

By Wednesday evening, we were pretty tuckered out and we were watching "Over Her Dead Body" with Eva Longoria Parker. I did hear Auntie fall asleep for a bit during the movie, but for the most part we were able to keep our eyes open all the way to the late hour of 10:30!

Auntie left this morning as we were leaving for school (I have a conference call today and thought I'd get some grading done). O. was only confused when he could no longer see Auntie's car - I was trying to remind him that she was going bye-bye. The good news was our friend Aidan was at school this morning so hopefully he will have a good day!

Miss you already Auntie! You are the best friend I could ever ask for!






*Note: Auntie A. is not my sister or sister-in-law by blood, but she is just like a sister to me so O. has always called her Auntie. She was there a lot for me when O. was little (before we moved) and spent lots of time with him. She helped with him when I was out of town for interviews, babysat for us so we could get a night out once in awhile, and just hung out. If that doesn't count, I don't know what should!

No comments:

Post a Comment