Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

March 5, 2010

O. Update

I can't believe how much O. has changed in the last few months. He is talking up a storm, still not always understandable, especially when he is making up stories. He loves to sing certain songs like twinkle, twinkle little star, ring around the rosey and his ABC's. He has been a pretty big boy by going to the potty all by himself and generally only needs help buttoning our pants (if we are wearing ones with buttons) or if he needs a little assistance with some toilet paper ;) It is really nice not having to get up and take him potty all the time anymore.

He even tries to get himself ready in the morning, though, I always need to fine-tune what he has tried - especially with brushing his teeth!

He still think that baby sister is in HIS tummy, but we'll see how long it takes for him to realize where she really is - maybe once he feels her through Mommy's tummy? Right now his favorite thing to call me is "mister mommmy" as I always called him Mr. O. Makes me smile everytime, though sometimes I am "princess mommy" instead.

We had a follow-up eye appointment today at Childrens and things are looking good. Still just needs to wear his glasses - one eye is not taking over so still not worried too much about surgery yet as it appears the glasses are doing what they were hoped to do. Have our next appointment in mid-July where we will dialate his eyes - so definitely not going to be as easy!

1 comment:

  1. He sounds like such a funny little guy! I love the fact that he thinks the baby is in his tummy... that is the cutest ever! My nephew Tristin drew a fabulous picture the other day of his family, and my sister had a huge stomach with a little stick person inside of it LOL! He is insisting the baby will sleep in his room and is already VERY big brother protective =). Pretty much opposite from my niece on the other sister's side, who tried to talk her into giving the baby to Matt and I so she won't have to share her room! Sure can't wait until it is baby city around here! First one arrives April 13!

    ReplyDelete