Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

February 13, 2010

Couple of Annoyances

Annoying Experience #1 - Friday, February 12th, Outback Steakhouse.

So, the hubby and I decided to go to Outback for supper, with O. I, at the time, was completely oblivious to the fact that this probably included "valentines weekend". I got there at 5:52 (by my cell phone) and it was packed. Asked the hubby if he wanted to wait as they quoted us 40-50 minutes. That is a long time for a 3 and a half year old to have to behave without going outside and getting to run around. We decided to wait it out. We ended up sitting at the bar waiting for part of the time. After 70 minutes, the hubby went up and he was told we were 4th in line. The people sitting next to us at the bar were listed right before us - they got it and yet we continuted to sit and see other people go sit down. We finally went up again, this time together, and they said we would get ASAP. As a few more families got in before us, I finally said, "we have been here for an hour and a half waiting (7:25 at this point) with a 3 and a half year old. We really need to be getting to dinner. Finally, we got sat down. I ordered a 6oz outback special with a baked potato with butter and cheese and the potato soup without chives. Once the soup finally came out, it had chives - picked the darn things off. When our meal arrived shortly after, my baked potato had sour cream instead of cheese - pulled it off the best I could. At this point, O. knocked off his little thing of ketchup - I swear most of it was still in the container, yet it was everyone on the seat, him, and his coat. Then our waitress came back and asked if I was done with my soup, I said "not yet thank you" and she took off with it. Then O. managed to drop his drink on our seat which only had a slow leak, but of course it got on me! Finally got home around 8:45. What a night!

Annoying occurence #2 - February 13th, Walmart
As O. and I were leaving Walmart in our cart going to our car, we had to wait for a truck to back out and a van waiting to get in. As the van got in, it was not parked well, so it backed out to get parked better and hit the car next to it. O. and I finally got to our car and the lady who hit the car next to her got out and proceeded to head into the store. At this point I hollered - "are you going to let those people know you hit their car - it may not be that bad, but that should be their call, not yours." She went into her car and appeared to have written a note. But after I took off, I saw her back out and for what I thought, leave. Luckily, I had memorized her license plate number and I left a note on the car that she hit who had hit them. This was all I was willing to do with having a little guy with me and being pregnant - wasn't willing to put myself into an uglier situation. As I left, I saw that she just parked her car in a different spot further away. People!

No comments:

Post a Comment