Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 22, 2010

A bit of a scare

Wednesday night, I slipped when walking down my stairs at home and fell down on my butt then continued to go down about 8 more stairs on my butt! I sat there for a minute in shock wondering if that really just happened. My son, O., said "Mommy, are you ok?" as he was lying in bed (had just laid him down for the night). I said, "yes honey, mommy is ok." I didn't know if I should call the doctor - I didn't really hurt all that bad, the stairs had carpet,... I did finally call on Thursday and they asked me a few questions, consulted the doctor, and told me to come in on Friday for a quick ultrasound just to check (especially as I had not felt the baby move yet!) I was a little concerned that they wanted to see me, but decided that if it could wait until the next day in their minds, they weren't too worried.

I went to the doctor's early this afternoon and found out everything is great. The baby looks good, the placenta and umbilical cord are fine, and now I was emotionally ok as well. The tech said that my placenta is attached in front giving a "cushion" which may make it harder for me to feel that baby - and that I'd enjoy that "cushion" later!

Since my hubby wasn't there, we're waiting to do the real ultrasound next Friday still - he is able to get an hour or so off of work to come!!

1 comment:

  1. I have an anterior placenta as well! When I really relax and tune in I can feel the baby sometimes at night when Matt sings and talks to it, but definitely not every day.... can't wait until it is more frequent! At least you got a bous ultrasound out of the fall! I always love peeking at the baby! Glad you are ok!

    ReplyDelete