Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

January 15, 2010

Baby update - not much to tell

Today I am about 17 weeks along with the pregnancy. Even though that is a ways into things, I can't help but still worry. I haven't felt the baby (that I know of) yet and that makes me nervous. They say most feel by 18 weeks if it isn't their first and I know that since I had more "padding" to begin with it makes it harder too. So I must say that I am looking forward to my appointment on Tuesday to hear the heartbeat again and to reassure me that things are going ok! (Maybe I should just buy one of those dopplers so I can listen whenever I need reassurance)

I am sort of between clothes right now. If you were to say I'm showing, it would be above the belly button, not below. So most of this week I was still able to wear my regular pants - but they are getting a bit too snug for me. So today I wore a pair of my maternity jeans and I had to constantly pull them up. I could invest if one of those belly bands, but by the time I get one, I'm sure I'll be into maternity jeans just fine :)

Hoping that at the next appointment we schedule the "big" ultrasound. Really hoping that the baby cooperates so that we can find out if it is a boy or girl. With already having a boy, and for many more complex reasons, we would like to find out so we can plan accordingly, especially since we're banking that this is our last chance for a child.


I'll try to remember to post after my appointment on Tuesday. Keep us in your prayers please!

No comments:

Post a Comment