Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

April 5, 2010

Baby Update

Had my last appointment on the 26th. At this appointment I was to have my one-hour glucose test. Unfortunately, I drank the bottle before seeing that I wasn't supposed to have anything to eat beforehand. I had my ultrasound and everything looked really good. My doctor's appointment wasn't for another 4 hours so they gave me another bottle of the orange drink to have before my appointment. At my doctor's appointment I found out the following:

1. I have gained 4 lbs total.
2. I am becoming a bit anemic (low iron) - take supplements
3. I failed the 1-hour glucose test. Need to have 3-hour test on Monday. Boo!

He said I "barely" failed the 1-hour so he wasn't really worried.

On Monday, went in for the 3-hour. They don't just prick your finger, I found out. They draw your blood pre test, 1 hour in, 2 hours in, and 3 hours in. I have hard to find veins, so this was NOT a piece of cake. First time, right arm, second time, left hand, third time, right arm, fourth time, tried left arm, ended up with right arm. So my right arm looked really bad and sadly I still have a bit of a bruise a week later!

Good news was found out on Wednesday - my glucose levels were normal.

Finally ordered a border for the baby's room last week. Won't get here for another week or so, then B will have to get on it!

1 comment:

  1. LOL so first of all how gross to have to drink the nast glucose stuff TWICE! And they just pricked your finger for the first one?? No fair! I have had so much blood drawn I feel like I am going to run out! =P We do have a girl at the Seward hospital who I want to take with me to every appointment for the rest of my life though... she is amazing! Even she couldn't keep things painless by the last draw of my 3-hour though. My last appointment I was back down to an overall weight loss. For me this is okay though because of my size pre-pregnancy and the baby has measured perfect to the day every ultrasound so obviously it is growing well!

    I am so happy we are pregnant at the same time... I really appreciate the fact that I feel like I have an unbiased and thoughtful friend to keep up with through all this! Especially one who knows what they are doing =)

    ReplyDelete