Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

August 22, 2009

The Summer Ends....

I can't believe how quickly this summer has went by. I really enjoyed getting to spend a lot of time with my family in Nebraska and the cooler weather that we have been having in Kentucky lately.

O has been doing really well with his potty training. This week was the first week that we tried big boy underwear all of the time during the day, and he went all week at daycare without wetting at all! He had a couple of accidents at home, but I have been shocked that he has been doing so well. Once he gets a bigger boy bed, then we may see how things go with whether or not we'll try big boy underwear at night. I know that will probably take longer. I can't believe that he is going to be three in less than a month!!

I had my follow-up appointment after my D&C yesterday. When I got there, I was a little upset as they didn't have me on their schedule - are you kidding me? but they managed to squeeze me in a half hour later. I had really been doing pretty good until I got to the office. Seeing all of these rather pregnant women was getting to me a little bit, but the nurse that called my name was the one that was there when I found out the baby had no heartbeat and she asked me how I was doing - that was the first time I had cried about this (except in B's presence) in about a week. My blood pressure was a little high for me (120/78) and I had lost 8 lbs in the last two weeks (which was ok'd by the doctor - she knew I was trying to lose some weight too). Appears I should be ok to try again when we're ready - so that is good news.

Can't believe that classes start on Monday! Looking forward to it some - I went into this profession for the teaching so I'm ready to get back to it. I have my reappointment materials due in mid-September though (for the following year). It is so hard to "sell myself" to people that don't me that well. I really don't like bragging on myself too so that makes this hard - all self promotion. "look at how good I am at this" and "look at how much my students like me"... not fun!

Enjoying my last homework grading - , class planning - , test preparing - free weekend. It will be Christmas before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment