Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

March 1, 2012

Owen update

 Owen is doing awesome in kindergarten!  I have got good "report cards" for him from both his teachers (including the daycare kindergarten).  In addition, I have asked (just to make sure) if his teachers recommend that he go on to 1st grade or stay back in kindergarten and they have both almost been surprised that I even asked and enthusiastically tell me yes he should go on to 1st grade. 

We've signed Owen up for t-ball this year and the practices are supposed to start in April.  Looking forward to that - especially getting him outside to do something fun!

Yesterday, my Owen got hurt at his daycare while playing outside (tripped and hit his mouth on a plastic stair).  I got the call while I was teaching so I didn't even notice until I was done teaching.  They said his mouth was bleeding and he was crying pretty bad.  They had put ice on it.  When I got there, he was acting like his normal self and didn't even seem to be phased.  I do wish I had seen it happen so I knew exactly what had happen.  Luckily, it appears he hit between his lips and chin. 

Today, he was supposed to dress up like his favorite character in his favorite book - he wanted to be Woody.  I had nothing cowboy lying around and we were told that we shouldn't have to go out and buy things for this.  Luckily, a friend let us borrow some cowboy stuff.  I think he looks pretty cute!



Owen is generally a pretty good boy; sometimes I am amazed at what a sweet boy I have.  Then, of course, I sometimes wonder where the little hellion (never had to spell that before!) comes from.  Yet no matter what "I love him around the whole wide world!"

No comments:

Post a Comment