Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

March 6, 2012

Date Night!

My husband and I finally got to go out on a date last Friday night.  And when I say "finally" I mean FINALLY!!  The last date that we went on (i.e. we left the house without kiddos and weren't home until they were asleep) was April 2010.  That's right, that was not a typo - April 2010.

When we moved away, I never dreamed how hard it would be to find someone to watch your kids that you trust with them and that wants to be with them.  I had a student last semester who told me that she wanted to meet my kids so that she could watch them so hubby and I could go out.  Well - we finally did it!  Now, it was still tough leaving them and wondering how things were going (Quinn has been quite the handful and Owen had that boo-boo on this chin).

We didn't do anything "spectacularly" fun.  It didn't help that we had storms in the area reported before we went out so I didn't want to go too far away.  We ended up going to eat at Outback Steakhouse.  This in itself was amazing!  I got to order what I wanted (not worrying about what Quinn or Owen would eat off of me) and they even had their Baked Potato Soup back!  We got to talk to each other without being drowned out by (or constantly concerned with) the children.

We were then going to go bowling, but hubby has a sore knee so we went to a movie.  Not a good movie by any means, but a time where we got to watch something without being interupted or so late that we would fall asleep!  Then we went and got a drink and came home around 10:30.  Not a late night, but a date night...finally!  Hopefully we get to do it again sometime before another 2 years goes by :)

1 comment:

  1. by your classification (we left the house without kiddos and weren't home until they were asleep) my hubby and I have NEVER had a date night. Again this probably comes from living so far from home. We had date night scheduled a couple of weeks ago but then I got hurt and I was not willing to do date night on crutches. congrats on dating success!

    ReplyDelete