Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

May 16, 2011

What are you up to this summer?

I get asked that question so much as if my job doesn't continue into the summer in any way.  Here is a list of what I'm doing this summer:

May 9-July 1:  8-week independent study of statistics II (for majors) which is "out of the goodness of my heart".  2 days a week for an hour + prep time
May 31 - July 1:  Two 5-week summer courses:  4 hours a day, 5 days a week, + prep time, office hours, grading, etc. 
May 31 - June 20:  Student research project
June 1 - July 1:  Statistics lecturer search committee.

In this time I also need to find time to do some research (got a new paper to write, one to edit, one expected back mid-June...) as well as start a new class prep.

July 4 - August 4:  Taking time "off" - I.e. spending time at home with kiddos, in Nebraska, with some minimal work included.

August 5 - Back to work!

Ah, just listing that all makes me tired!

What are you up to this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment