Quinnie's Birthday Countdown!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

December 5, 2010

Christmas shopping

This year, I haven't been as excited about doing my Christmas shopping.  I think it is because with two kids now, money is much tighter and yet we have more people that we want to give gifts to.  My brother/sister-in-law and us decided to just get presents for the kiddos - which I enjoy buying for the kids a lot.  They are at the age where they are excited about almost anything that you get them.  Really, I just can't wait to actually get to SEE them open them :)

Owen will be getting a bike this year for Christmas.  Couldn't believe when I was looking sizes up that he would need a 16" bike already!  I now he will be ecstatic about it!

While we were Christmas shopping, we were able to get a lot of clothes for Brandon and the kiddos.  JcPenney had a great deal this weekend - we got Brandon 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pair of pajama bottoms, 1 polo shirt, 1 t-shirt, a wallet, Uncle Austin a hoodie, flannel sheets, Owen 2 pairs of cordorouys, Quinn a 3-piece outfit and a pair of jeans, and myself 2 t-shirts for about $150.

I have become a bit more of an online shopper this year.  It makes it a lot easier to find exactly what you are looking for!  Especially with a lot of the companies offering free shipping, this has been awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I am on a no gifts kick this year... kind of my own little protest against consumerism, but also a big part is the whole adjusting to one income and a family of three. I know next year and beyond we won't be able to resist buying things for A though. I can't wait until he is old enough to participate in holiday fun! (last week at our weekly gathering he passed out in his highchair with his antlers on while the older kids had fun, poor bubs!)

    ReplyDelete